View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 04:11 AM
I love old stuff

In Europe we had a lot of top loaders in the old days, but they where semiatuomatic machines, not automatic ones. The French where manufacturing in the '60's top loading automatics in stad of front loading.
Top loaders are more relabile, can fit in apartaments if the apartament is a little bit bigger (in Romania most people try to keep the washing machine in bathroom), but you can't put anaything above it. I do personaly like fron loaders because I can see what happens inside the drum.

I do have an issue with modern machines becuase they don't use too much water on the rising program. I do use suplimentary rising anyway (I like to put more detergent cause I do get stinky quite fast). Besides that the fact than you can set only one suplimentary rising cylcle at the "L.G." washing machine, I have to pour water when suplimentary rising, 'cause it's using a too small quantity of water.
I had an "Indesit". Besides it was an Ideshit (very unrelaible), I could pour more water on the washing cycle without evacuating it and it used more water on the rising + after the washing program, I could select 2 or 3 suplimentary risings.
Stupid icologists (not ecologists).

I need and old made to last machine (I can accomodate 2 in the place where I live). But you most be carefoul not to take skin deases.
Heh, in the '60's the West-German companies "Bauknecht" and "Constructa" made some home-use washing machines that could was at 100 ° C
Old machines where made to last. Unfortunately, the spining speed for the "drying" wasn't big (only in the '80's I think they had 700 r.p.m.s) and you couldn't adjust it. But a late '80's or a '90's machine can be good and have a lot of facilities. Only to be lucky to find one from a relabile source

Last edited by Telecolor 3007; 06-18-2018 at 04:16 AM.
Audiokarma