View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 12:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhifi View Post
Back in the city today and have some spare time to look at my old electrical stuff... You guys nailed it - the bumps do put the idler into a neutral position, just tried it - thank you, this solves half the problem. I don't expect this little record player to ever be a "daily driver" once restored, so I want to make sure the rubber isn't being ruined in storage/display like the old stuff was. The old idler and turret actually rejuvinated really well, they're just destroyed by not being kept in neutral.

The old turret is so indented from the motor shaft, that it makes a clunk-clunk-clunk sound when the turntable is running. Still have to figure out how take pressure off the turret when the player isn't running, but it should be fairly easy, all it needs is a tiny bit of pressure to take the turret carrier away from the motor shaft. I have a few simple ideas in mind and will post the result once the project is completed.
Try West-Techservices http://www.west-techservices.com/
to get the idler and the turret rebuilt. They do great work.They also rebuild crystal phono cartridges if you want to keep everything original.
Cliff