View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 06:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

Ya... Sucks, but at least he emailed before you drove out there. I've dealt with quite a few odd ones buying/selling on CL. One story comes to mind. I keep looking for a decent 1950's couch. I saw one listed and the pix looked pretty good. I show up to purchase it and no-one home. I wait a bit and a car pulls in behind me. Thinking it's the seller, I get out and this older lady gets out. She thinks I'm the seller. Turns out she was there to buy it as well. We both wait a bit and she decides to leave. I'm about ready to leave and the seller does show up. He's weird, and the couch, along with most of the other stuff he has is grimey. I'm just trying to figure out a polite way to LEAVE. He goes on about having a buyer that called first (which he made no mention of when I called) and he gets agitated and keeps pacing and going into another room (I suppose to try and call her) He acts like he's on meth, and I'm getting more nervous (the neighborhood is sketchy) so I tell him I'm gonna bail and to just sell it to her when she shows up. I was pissed he called both of us, so I make no mention that she was already there. After I left he kept trying to call me thruout the day. I just didn't answer. I hope he got stuck with it!
I also have this other flake that had emailed on an item I was selling. She never got back to me and I sold it to another buyer. About 3 weeks later I get a ton of emails from her thruout the day stating she can come get it now, and had the nerve to get pissy when I told her it was gone. I mean really????? I remove all my posts once I sell something, so 3 weeks after the fact surprised me.

Last edited by jstout66; 04-05-2011 at 06:52 AM. Reason: spelling error