View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 11:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

Check out this video, along with other creative videos, where he EOL's BPC TV's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8B8K9kE5Q0

It's unfortunate that perfectly working TV's have to meet this fate; but, I was talking to him once about this and he told me that in LA, NOBODY wants CRT TV's and that on any given day, he can take a 20 minute drive and come home with several CRT TV's; so, might as well have some fun with them. He found it hard to believe that I was able to sell any CRT TV in my part of the country; but, I now think the "LA effect" has made it's way to the deep south.

Currently, I have a 2003 19" Orion that someone gave me and I repaired it by replacing the main filter cap (out of a junk chassis, of course) and rejuvenating it's weak CRT (it was still watchable; but, I wanted it to look it's best). I've been trying to sell it with zero interest; so, if it doesn't go away pretty quick, I may be having some fun with it (along with the '93 RCA console and two 13" TV's that no one seems to want). Today, my criteria for fixing used BPC/SPC TV's is that the TV has to be free and it has to be something that I can fix in 20 minutes, or less, out of my junk stash. The only ones I might spend a little money on are Sony's and TV's with built-in DTV tuners.

Concerning EOL, I have a 19" Funai/Emerson LCD with a broken panel that I'm going to destroy and post the video to youtube. I haven't got all the small details worked out yet; but, it should be interesting. Since I have a lot of neighbors close to me, I'm sort of limited on how creative I can get without getting too much attention.