View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 01:28 AM
VK Member

Wow, you do such great work on those bakelite cabinets! It makes me wish I had more bakelite around here to polish. I've been told my Zenith H724 is actually plastic, but it could use a good shining either way. Man... looking back on those pictures at the beginning of your thread of that other 20X122 hurt my feelings! It reminds me of the bakelite record player I had arrive in the same condition from a seller on Ebay who packed it in nothing but newspaper and an oversized box...

On another note, I'm sort of debating on what route to go on my Zenith tv's control panel and I noticed you used the Caswell's brass plating stuff. I haven't heard much discussion about how to restore those plated metal parts and it made me wonder if that would be a practical approach on something as large as a control panel. Looking at my panel itself, it looks like it was a nice polished brass color on the front, but inside the pencil box door it's more rough as if it were overspray. That led me to think they used some sort of spray-on technique at the factory.
Audiokarma