Thread: Fisher 250
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 09:43 PM
The Resident Brony

So for the past 3 weeks I've been living at my late grandpa's house, and renovating it. This Fisher has been my daily listener, and it performed really well! ...for about 2 weeks. Now it has a problem after it warms up for about an hour, after that the tuned station gets all static-y and drifts to another station. At first, I thought it was merely that the area has shit reception (I had a hell of a time positioning the antenna to catch anything [and granddad had about 20 signal amplifiers IN USE in various points around the house and garage]), but just today I walked out of the house with the DJ saying '95.9' and walked back in 5 minutes later with a different DJ saying '94.1' So like, uh, yeah, that's a big leap.

It does the same thing on any of the mini-tuners, with AFC on or off (I still have no idea what that does lol). I haven't actually cracked it open yet. Just wanted to know if anyone has a best guess as to what I'm looking at here. Is it like a tuner issue? Bad caps? Bad transistor? Bad IF transformer?