View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 06:28 PM
Collector of heavy things

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac.attack76 View Post
Don't even get me started on those junky intellivision and colecovision flashback consoles. I bought those soon as they came out and I returned them faster than I bought them. Graphics were good but the sound is way off. Not correct historically. I figure I have enough vintage hardware and games that I don't need clones anyway. Been collecting since 88. Need to set up my commodore stuff but don't have the room right now. Hoping when I move, I'll have more space.
They seem pretty close to me. From what I've heard, the Intellivision Flashback received input from the Blue Sky Rangers team, so some sort of effort was made into getting things right. I dunno if that kind of effort was made with the Colecovision Flashback; I think it lacks something given the fact that so many of the classic Colecovision games were licensed, and therefore couldn't be included (most notably the original pack-in game, Donkey Kong). Even so, I think both work fairly well, and the kids sure enjoyed playing with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
No those flashback things are nothing but digital trash...... I had an atari one and it sucked.........
Some are better than others. The Atari Flashback 2 and 2+ actually used the equivalent of real Atari 2600 hardware on a chip, and with some effort, you could add a cartridge slot for playing original 2600 games. The original Atari Flashback (i.e. the one which was styled after the Atari 7800) and the later Flashback consoles used/use different hardware.
-Adam

Stereo: Pioneer SPEC-4, Pioneer SPEC-1, Kenwood KT-7500, Dual 1219, Nakamichi BX-100, Pioneer PD-M60, Paradigm Studio Monitors
Audiokarma