View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 09:18 PM
On Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbates14
It says in the service info that jack gave me, that you cannot interchange fjp22 with fbp22. I have no idea what my set had, since the base was broken off that had the number. the one I got now is a FJP22. its an admiral, with the yoke and stuff still attached.
Mike, I've noticed on my sets that the mounting band that goes around the front of the crt is different between the fbp and fjp tubes.

One of the bands has tabs that slightly fold over the front of the crt in the four corners. Generally, i've noticed this particular setup used on fbp tubes. When you tighten up the band, those front tabs will hold the safety glass securely in place on the tube.

Seems the fjp band does not have these tabs to hold the safety glass since it's held to the front of the tube with the glue.

I am not sure whether or not all brands of sets did this. The majority of my roundies are RCA or RCA clones... and those are the ones i notice have or dont have the tabs. I have a couple of Zeniths, but, never removed the toobs from them. I am not home right now... if I was, I'd take a pic of what I am speaking of to show you.

If you can find the tabs I am speaking of, that might let you know what the set had in it. Hope that helps.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.