View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 06:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have a little black box (about the size of a deck of cards) with video in-video out that does the same thing. It will run on it's 9v battery for about a year. The label fell off long ago and I have no idea where I bought it. I do remember it becoming illegal to import to the US.

Macrovision inserts 140 unit white chips in the vertical interval at random times. Most AGC circuits see this and collapse the video down to the 100 unit standard. At the same time, the sync below 0 units collapses accordingly and the pic cannot hold together for copying. The white chips leak in to the video as retrace lines on old sets that still try to show the image. Even modern sets struggle with it. You can see the video pulsing around while it is doing it's work.

My box senses the chips and inserts it's own grey chip over the Macrovision for the duration and all is well. Saved me many times when the DVD recorder said "not a chance".

And Darius has been around for years with his wizardry. A tip of the rabbit ears to him.

Dave A