View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 08:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hey,

I didnt blow you off, nor do I think you are a nutcase. I try to answer and repond to everyone who emails me.

One thing, I dont always see my private messages here on AK. People will email me and tell me that they PM'd me as I never responded.

I dont intend to ignore people. Feel free to email me anytime with questions. Im always happy to help a fellow collector or tech.

By the way, that was MY TV thats on ebay right now. I can't believe it! Tom had to have this set and I sold it to him for $100 about 3 weeks ago. This is the set I picked up at the estate sales back in january. You will see a better pic of it in the estate sale finds 2008 thread.

I can tell you what its all about. The CRT is a GOOD rebuilt channel master and was not rejuvinated. The set had some problems though. I never worked on it and it never even made it into the house after I bought it. It sat in the garage and I was prepaired to sell it on ebay untill tom (the guy in milwaukee) came here to pick up the 72 zenith console he bought on ebay. He had to have it and I showed him that it needed work and that I never touched it. Proof of that was the fact that the dust was not disturbed inside the set, not even the tubes. The set powered up with a washed out raster and good sound. CRT was bright. Tuner was very dirty though. The chassis wasnt even bolted down when I got it and the power cord was missing. The set had the back cover off it about a million times as there is a ton of wear around the back cover twist tabs.

I was not pleased with the cabinet either, which was the biggest reason I didnt want to keep the set. The veneer was in bad shape and is worn and discolored at the bottoms of the legs, top of the cabinet and edges of the cabinet have more than desireable wear and nicks. The set is badly hacked up.

Tom was under the impression it would be a simple tube test to bring it back. It could have been that simple, but I had no interest in it. He offered me the money after he saw it with his own eyes. Apparently he made an impulse purchase and now wants to be done with it. Just be careful if anyone here bids on it. The set will need alot of work to make it look decent.