View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 09:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

RCA Remote Control

I have 2 hand units for a CTC-16 or 15. One is in very bad shape but both have the same curious issue. They are both way off frequency.

The native frequency of the Tint Up (using the coil only) is way off and so the others also.

The generated signal is very strong and any connection to measure it affects the frequency. The suggested method is to use a loosely coupled probe (just lay it close) and zero beat it with another known good remote or a known frequency standard. This zero beat is the way to go because there is no loading.

What I have discovered is the frequency is reasonably stable over a range of battery volts and handling.
The frequency is only about 25 kc at best but is adjustable.

My question is, the Sam's says 35 khz should be the native freq before the adjustable caps are switched in for the other functions (higher frequencies). In my mind I would expect these would lower the freq not raise it like the alignment chart shows.

Is my information bad? Does the RCA factory information say something different? Anyone have experience with these?

Back in the day the only thing we did was replace the battery and touch up the alignment of the recievers. Never exposed to anything exibiting a drastic problem with these things.