View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 09:05 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiotronman View Post
On my bk 465, the socket for the 10bp4 socketbis part of a multi socket adapter. I will use the socket from a crt brightner to make this test socket. What pins should there be leads to it and do you have pictures of yours Tom? Kevin, thanks for that link to the sencore, I will double check my settings and try it again.
The socket on mine is both the 10BP4 socket and the receptacle for the adapters the red gun and monochrome gun are the same switch setting on the gun select switch on mine. They mapped the monochrome gun socket pins to an additional set of pins I used at least one pin of that additional set in my adapter...Since it sounds like the 465 uses a different socket on the end of its main cord my exact pin map probably won't work for you...Never the less here is what I made to give you a general idea of what you want to make.

A 10BP4 has the exact same amount of populated pins as your tester needs to test a tube. https://www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_10bp4.html
You need the two heater pins (1 and 12) on either side of the key on the bakelite center locator 'pin', Cathode pin 11, G1 pin2, and G2 pin 10...
Those wires are color coded on any normal color CRT harness as heater (Brown or sometimes black), Cathode (yellow with stripe the same color (R,G,or B) as the gun being driven), G1 (solid color the same color as the gun being driven), and G2 (White with stripe the same color as gun being driven).

I color coded my leads to match a standard color CRT harness (with only a red gun) then added tags to the leads so I would be certain to remember what each lead is meant to go to. I actually used that crude adaptor to test my 15GP22. I had to switch off twice and swap the Cathode(K), G1 and G2 leads to the other color guns but it did the job fine.

PS: Sorry for the slow reply I've been in swapmeet mode since ~noon yesterday.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 11-04-2018 at 09:08 PM.