View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 09:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

The Sony camera should have a 14-pin square connector inside a round screw-on shell. It is 3 rows of 4 pins and another row of 2 pins. The National (Panasonic) is not compatible. They were competitors. The Nationals that I can find on the www look to have an 8-pin EIAJ connector setup. 8 pins in a rectangular setup with two pins being spaced apart from the other 6 for proper mating. This setup usually was connected to a color monitor to feed the National and the monitor being fed by a coax video cable and connector. Look for any Betamax two piece portable recorder/tuner combo. This will have the right connector for the Sony. A few Betamax decks also had the connector. I think I had a Sanyo that had the connector in olden days.

The other side of this is that if the National is in any sort of good condition, it is collectable by itself. It was an early entry in home recording that used a self-contained loop cartridge. The tapes needed will be the hard find to make it work.

That is if any of either of these have compatible standards in Romania.

Last edited by Dave A; 04-13-2015 at 10:16 PM. Reason: text