View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 06:17 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman82 View Post
Any of you guys have the data to fill in the blanks for the following chassis?

CTC-2:

RCA P/N: 79012
Thordarson: FLY-100
Merit: ?
RAM: ?
Stancor: ?
Triad: NO CROSS

CTC-2B:

RCA P/N: 79642
Thordarson: ?

CTC-4:

RCA P/N: 100409 (first iteration), 101959A (factory replacement)

CTC-5:

RCA P/N: 102132

CTC-7:

RCA P/N: 106359
Triad: D-301

Anyone having those handy cross reference books please fill in what you can, I'm sure this will be useful to more people than just me! Any data returned, I will update the original post so we don't have to search to find what we're looking for.
Triad has their historical cross references online - I used TV-65 to cross - it was far enough out to see if they crossed anything. By 1981 (TV-81) they pared their early TV stuff a bit.

I have Thordarason/Hallordson and Merit cross references - and I have "saved eBay searches" for each of the early RCA color flybacks - to see first-hand if any make it to eBay. I'll add the info tomorrow, when I can afford the time. Dunno if Stancor ever made a color Fly - they were a big iron (power trannie and output trannies) maker.

RCA 119834 and 115876 come up occasionally, but anything older, just ain't making it to the marketplace. They are probably stashed away in collectors' spare collections. I have a spare for my CTC-16 - it can be bought, but you could buy 3 CTC-16 sets for the same price - I ain't selling.

Moyers and Talonix are just about sold out of all of the tube flybacks, and the guy in WV on eBay sold out about 3 years ago of all the good tube color flys - RCA, Magnavox, CBS, and Admiral - his last was a Motorola color fly, for a TS908 or 915. Someone here found a Thordarson at Electronic Surplus (http://www.electronicsurplus.com/cat...ult?cat=&q=fly) a few months back - they still have a few Thordarson flys left.

I bought my CTC16 fly through the classifieds at ETF from an old TV man in P-cola Florida. Moyers has a 119834 up on eBay for the CTC38, but that's as old as they get, 'cept for a 113382 (CTC15, IIRC) in 2013 that was up for sale and withdrawn the same day.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!