View Single Post
Old 10-30-2023, 04:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Are you getting power to the amplifier stages?
Did you re-cap the amplifier stages?

jr
I'm not sure if it is or not because when I hit the play button I don't hear anything out of the speaker not even a hissing noise, even if the volume is turned up full bore.

I know one of the red wires I had to trace out on the schematic went to the battery/record meter, and that one when I reattached it started the meter functioning again for the battery meter portion, but the record meter portion doesn't function or respond when I put the tape player into record mode, which is why I said the playback and record functionality of the unit is dead, besides the no audio playback mentioned above.
The other red wire was for the power switch that is part of the Play/FFW/REW/Rec push button asseembly that supplies the power to the motor (and amplifier I assume) when you push play when you are using batteries, and while that wire when I installed it works the motor it doesn't seem to work the amplifier stage for some reason.

I wonder if where I have the red wire for the "power switch" installed currently, is wired up in a way that it powers the motor but not the motor and amplifier stage?

I did recap the amplifier stage, that's how I got into the mess I'm in now with the broken red wire leads that I had to trace out and repair.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 10-30-2023 at 04:31 PM.
Audiokarma