View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 01:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentTeffeteller View Post
This is not Sony built most likely. They did little to no OEM for anybody. Japanese built but doesn't look like Sony or Panasonic build. Early generation, but not first. The Norelco/Philips Carry-Corder was introduced to the USA market in 1964-1965. This machine I estimate to be 1968-1970 era that you have. When you get it running well, you can then say "You've Listened To A Ford Lately"
Well I guess what I meant is that it was the earliest compact cassette recorder I've ever owned.

Anyways, I did recap the unit, but then I had a wire come loose on the circuit board on this unit, a red wire, that I can't figure out where it came from.
I assumed it came from an area near where another red wire had attached to the board that was part of the power switch that turns the power on for the amplifier when you hit the play button, but it didn't seem to do anything when I attached it to there.
I looked up the Sam's for this unit and that didn't even show the wires attached to the board and where they went, and the schematic wasn't much help either because as they didn't have the wires labeled with their respective colors.
Audiokarma