View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 10:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Looks like a panel or TCON problem possibly caused by either a loose connector or tab bond. If so you should get audio from a known good source as the set is basically working and responding, you just can't see anything on screen.

Have you tried any sources other than antenna/cable? Scanning/updating channels for the new location without being able to see the menu is probably impossible. Easier to hookup a DVD player/etc and press SOURCE/AV/INPUT until you find the input (maybe use an audio CD rather than get stuck in DVD menus/copyright warnings).

Check and reseat the flat flex cable connectors between the TCON and the panel, or if this model has no TCON - the mainboard and panel. If it is a tab bond failure I press on the tabs with my finger with the set on looking for any change. Shimming the affected tab (I usually use silicon thermal pads cut to size) may get some life out of it, but there is always some risk of cracking the panel either when applying pressure or removing/replacing the frame.