View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 10:12 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
The price you paid for your CTC-4 before is irrelevent, as it was priced well below market and you got a steal.

OK, so I guess I'm the one who's not seeing this for what it is then in your opinion? I'm the one who's wrong for buying a CTC-9 for only $99 as well, maybe I should have tipped the girl working the counter at Goodwill.

Fact is: WE'RE THE ONES DOING THE PRICE INFLAMING!

Quote:
The seller with this sign must think your a real jerk for trying to lowball him.

More power to him, though he probably thinks I'm a jerk for reporting his auction as misrepresented than any other reason. It's not 'mint in box' if you took it out of the box.

Quote:
I think you're way out in left field for whining about this. Any seller would be stupid to offer it cheaply. Only by starting with a high price can he work the market to his advantage.
Working the market is one thing, but offering this at $400 to start is to me no different than the CL people finding a split chassis Philco and 'working the market' by starting at $1000. I fhe started at like $250 I'd say OK, but 400?

Quote:
If the sign was there with a $100 BIN price, you'd see it sold almost instantly, and a lot of people upset that someone had beat them to it.
I wouldn't have started at 100 either, like I said 250 wouldn't have raised so many flags for me. But now that I know the deal with the seller, I won't be back.