View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 03:12 PM
PhilB

Miniman 82 - beautiful tv and cabinet, which is different.

Electronic M- thank you. I do own a few TV's and vintage stereo consoles and have noted their model numbers and amp id's (circuit design identifiers as you explained). So, I'm not unfamiliar at all with that, but I haven't been involved in TV's before, till just a couple years ago when I picked up a couple portables - RCA and Zenith. I didn't recognize the nomenclature/id'ing as the TC-XXX represents. So thanks for the orientation, and there's plenty I don't know, though I have been messing around with electronics in some degree since age 13. I'm here for what I can do, not what I can't do , and to cheer others hobby interests, enjoy the preservations and hopefully learn what I can - who knows I might even fix something. :-)

SteveD - right, I have no pilot light on my cabinet, though my RCA SCH-2 does have one in a winged emblem. Good point. I know this is tough to guess, but I put more photos up on Flickr here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/413857...7651305773325/

I don't think it'll help, but there's a cabinet maker stamp. Oh well, thank you all for giving it a shot, guessing. Maybe someone will come along and say, "HEY!" and shed light on the mystery, by having a photo of the cabinet with the actual tv (or radio?) in it.

Last edited by Vintv49; 03-11-2015 at 03:27 PM.