View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 09:58 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintv49 View Post
EarlyFilm - this is all wood, indeed, and looks professionally done by Drexel, Baker, or other high end type cabinet maker. There are some attachment screws in the front horizontal board and two holes in the back left horizontal support board that would have provided support for the main tv. I'll detail with photos later, as it's late for me to be up right now. Thank you, I think it's RCA possibly as I found a very similar cabinet in pine on CL today, nearly identical, but with minor design differences.

Electronic M -this is where I was heading...RCA. There's some writing, that I think is the final inspector(s) marks - will take photos of that, too.

mininman82 - what is TC-166? Chassis? I apologize, I'm going to fall on my face with alphanumerics. Do you have a photo of this cabinet? If it's identical, then you can explain what TC-166 refers to (RCA chassis?). Thank you for the input and all others, I'm really pleased with the cabinet, but ...wouldn't it be nice to have the original tv in there?
In case you did not know (you seem to be new here) the chassis is the metal box inside the cabinet of a complete set that the tubes plug into. Chassis are given two numbers the Chassis number (circuit design identifier), and serial number (a set's fingerprint/production quantity tracker). Since a particular chassis was usually offered in several styles of cabinet each cabinet style was given a model #. Some sets with one or few cabinet options are easy to find service info for by searching the model number, but in most cases the chassis number is the best identifier of 'what is under the hood' so to speak.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4