View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 11:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

Talking no jukebox but old magnavox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFitz View Post
I know there are discussion groups on the internet for jukeboxes but several members have mentioned they owned jukeboxes in threads on other subjects.Other than that they're rarely mentioned. I think they fit here as the "hifi audio guys" wouldn't be caught dead putting their records on them.

Well I have jukes too and I don't mind playing my records on them. As a starter I'll list the jukeboxes I have:

Seeburg 222-working
Seeburg C-under restoration
Seeburg R-works but needs restoration
Rockola 490-1 Supersound 2-working
Wurlitzer 2150-partially working
Wurlitzer 1400-needs restoration

Other jukes I have but plan to sell after they're done are:

Seeburg LPC1-almost finished
(2) Seeburg LPC480s
Rowe/AMI JAL
Seeburg SS160

Jukes I've owned and sold :

Wurlitzer 24-Hated to sell it but hospital bills were coming in the mail. Sounded fantastic playing 78s.
Wurlitzer 2510
Mills Do Re Me
Seeburg PFEAU1-The one that says Discoteque on the upper marquee
Seeburg STD3 Sunstar-boss has this one
Rockola 490 Supersound

and lastly one of my faves and I'll never sell it: Seeburg HSC1 or Home Stereo console
Plays 1 side or both of up to 50 full size LPs. The sides are selected by a telephone dial. The LPs are played vertically just like all Seeburg jukeboxes from the M100A on up do. They track at 2.5 grams with the same Pickering magnetic the 1967 and later 45 rpm jukes use.Oh my I can hear the audio guys squealing like little girls that I'm running a plow through my records....hahaha. The speakers are in their own separate boxes inside of the console.It's a 6 ft long beautiful pecan cabinet.
Dont have a jukebox. My parents have a rock-ola cd jukebox. not sure if that counts as a real jukebox or not but I have a 1965 magnavox portable. a lot of vinyl Purists would yell at me for playing records on there as well. so Play your jukeboxes. Records are made to be played. Doug