View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Few inaccuracies on the spreadsheet so will clarify:

Studio Cameras in the collection:

- Marconi Mark 8's - 3 Heads (Two "B" models, one not) 2 lenses, Two CCU's and 3 PSU's

PSU on one works as does CCU but heads all suffer from the faulty camera PSU module so seeking someone with repair knowledge able to repair these. Camera cable (1) in poor condition so seeking a small length of a known "good cable".

- Marconi Mark IV = 1 Head (ex ABCTV, and in turn possibly ex BBC. ) 1 PSU and 1x CCU silver boxes. Missing control panel or cables. Tally lamp missing, viewfinder hood missing, focus spinner missing. Camera and CCU/PSU in excellent shape internally, except for heater fan plastic rotted and the turrent change belt, rotted away/missing.

- PYE MK III (later 50's model, two fan design) 2 x heads, 2x PSU's, 2x CCU's with round screen. (ex ATV england OB van switchable 405line to 525lines, then used by CTC7 canberra, australia) One head is virtually complete, other is cannibalised and suitable for prop only.

- RCA TK45B, 2x Heads, 2x CCU's and 3 PSU's, all appears complete, one camera is ex CTC7 canberra, other is ex ATV10 nunawading, possibly news studio. Was used up until 1995, at least one camera should be working. Long and short box lenses part of collection

- RCA TK60 - 2x Heads ONLY, (ex USA 525line cameras i had imported) complete internally and in good condition complete with orthicons.

- RCA TK-22 (telecine camera) missing CCU or cables, head ONLY

- RCA TK76 (NTSC ex NBC cameras, imported to the collection)
3x heads, only two lenses!, most work but need tweaking. 2x are later models with bent handle, one is an early model with straighter handle.

- Sony BVP-370 3CCD studio cameras - ex Nine Network, and Global Television
2x Heads 2x CCU/PSU, missing TRIAX, and Canon Box Lense - please help!! these may still work!!

- RCA TP-66 (one) (Telecine Projector) 25fps PAL version, complete and working condition, still in use coupled with a modern imaging device for transfer work.

- RCA Tp-7 Slide projector (one)

Assorted ENG cameras, 3 tube cameras.....

Lenses of note:

- 1x Taylor & Hobson VAROTAL 1 (zoom box lense to suit PYE camera)
- Taylor & Hobson Studio Varotal 2 (zoom lense suitable for PYE mount)

Well that covers most of the major things but i certainly am at the stage where i am starting to loose track of whats there and what isnt! - certainly many bits that are missing either cosmetic or otherwise that are badly needed to complete a chain, even just for display. I'm at the stage where i am limited what i can do with a lot of it due to weight and other electronic complexities and really need someone locally in melbourne who can work with me in getting these going or restored. If you know of anyone or are local and reading this then please get in touch at james@oldtvgear.com

Likewise if you are a colleector and want to keep in touch or like me seeking parts (we all have our want lists!) we can see what we can do to help each other

Last edited by austvarchive; 10-25-2014 at 06:45 AM.