View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Analogue is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64
Today I was pulled over by a cop, who spotted the 3 antennas on the back of my car. He started off by saying "what is your business with all these antennas?". I informed him I am an amateur radio operator (as my license plate clearly says, but I didn't say that), and these are my radio antennas, one VHF and two different UHF's. I pointed to the radio in my center console. He saw that it was on scan mode and saw the screen flashing all sorts of different things. (I scan the repeaters). He said "No I think that's a scanner, and that's illegal in the state of florida for a motorist to be using". I explained it is not a scanner, and I am licensed to have and use this equipment. He wouldn't accept my radio license card, and instead wrote me a ticket.
Wow what a bloody idiot!!!

One time I saw a car in my area LOADED WITH ANTENNAS!! -- From the hood to the trunk,more antennas on it than I could count!! (I dunno if the guy was a field agent or what)

He was cutting thru Burger King parking lot and I wanted to ask him if he worked for FCC or what not but he was gone within seconds.......

Wow...... Having all those antennas on your car is insane!!!!!!! (Unless they are needed for proper field work (Each antenna recieves different freqs better))