View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 05:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

My mover delivered last night at 3am.. I tried to do a soft power up but I realized nothing happens when powered on.. hmmm wonder if it's a thermistor, or a component pointed out below that broke from the chassis..

Tested the tube with both the Beltron and BK.. Beltron does not like very well..

Originally started with the BK.. Here are the results.. Another with green being the weaker.. After 15 mins.. And it does take a long time for it to climb..

The Flyback looks to be in great shape.. Looks like a silicone replacement.. No wax droppings..

Chassis:

Two wires coming from the board that aren't connected..

looks like it has all the original GE tubes.. One is out and broken.. TV was shipped upside down.. May have came out and broke.. Something else is also lose and not in place.. Hmm.. Could this be why the set doesn't power on?

Looks like this coil of sorts is suppose to go here, close to where the tube should be.. May have had a square can around it..

Tuner:

Control:

Missing the inner knobs.. Does anyone have a spare set of knobs?

It's got the original Rare Earth tube

Last edited by tvcollector; 12-07-2014 at 06:43 PM.