View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 10:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I remember in the summer of 1969, my Dad took all of us to New York City. What an AMAZING place, especially for a 12 yr old boy from the wilds of Tennessee.. I remember we walked down this one street that had NOTHING but electronics shops on it,& OMG-I had died & gone to Heaven ! There were a BUNCH of those Symphonic "Minni TVs" all playing in one shop's showcase, I THINK they had a similar bunch of Sony 4" & 5" playing. There MAY have been one of the fabled 7" Trinitron-KV-7010Us, too, but I can't say for sure. And then there were the CARS-Like a lot of 12 yr old boys, I had a "Radar" that would go off when an interesting car rode by... I had to IGNORE it, the Caddy limos were almost "Overloading" it. Quite a few Rolls & Mercedes 600s, too. Not too many "Sports Cars", however, Manhattan just wasn't a good place to be tootling along in a Maserati. or Ferrari. I was JUST starting to think that Girls might actually be good for something beyond tossing rocks at, had LOTS to look at in THAT dept, too..
I might of been standing right there next to you oggaling those tiny TV's on 42nd Street. I was in the Navy at the time. I'd come down on weekend leave and stay Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The Sony KV 7010U was taken off the market in 1968, but the KV 7010UA would have been in those windows.