View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Apprentice Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
Yes, the cup is the white plastic, well, cup that the tube is in. Don't be afraid to wash things, with a damp rag and dish soap for example. Rinse with a damp cloth and air dry or use a hair dryer.
Well, if you say so... Quite an improvement, no? I decided to get rid of the tape, I could always put some back on if I have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Once you've cleaned or perhaps before you clean it is wise to run the set briefly to find the exact spot it is arcing, and or better localize it so you can fix that easier/better.
Do you suggest I try running the set with the cabinet off and maybe even the HV cage open? Definitely too afraid to do that, especially on a carpet floor. I could clear up a table for it, though.

Does anyone know if that 6LF6 I mentioned will be alright? I hope so, it's an expensive replacement. Speaking of tubes, the 6U10 looks like it is barely holding on... looks like almost all of the getter coating is burnt off. Thankfully THAT's a dirt cheap replacement. I will check the 3DB3/3DC3 tomorrow. It won't budge so Im guessing I will have to unscrew the cup first?

Last edited by Freon; 10-07-2017 at 10:14 PM.