View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 10:52 PM
M is for Memory

I'm not sure if that is a good rename of that section. There are also audio tape related posts there and changing it to video would leave audio tape threads no obvious home.... 'video and or audio playback/recording formats' might be a better choice. It should be open to everything from magnetic wire audio recorders to DVD/bluray IMHO....Unless others would rather see it split into audio and video sections (I don't think there is enough traffic to merit such a split). Also it is already being used for all audio and or video formats (albeit with some confusion as to whether it is okay to post there by some who do).
Also I read most posts by hitting the new post's button rather than visiting any specific section and browsing (since only one or two sections don't hold any interest to me) so I'm not sure where the threads dedicated to new video tape, and disc acquisitions are located, but think they should all be moved to the under-used 'Movies, Shows & programs' section, so as to not distract sections dedicated to the technical aspects, and repair of the formats with unrelated babble on how member X just got a copy of 'Young Frankenstein', or how member Y's new ABBA concert LaserDisc rocks....

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4