Thread: 1963 Philco
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 05:10 AM
VideoKarma Member

Yesterday the color stopped working on this set again. Eventually, I got the color back by replacing the 6GH8 chroma osc. tube (even though the tube that was in there tested good.) But with the new tube I lost color sync, so I repeated the chroma oscillator alignment procedure, and it worked. Then when I put the tube shield back on the 6GH8, it lost color sync again, and I had to do the alignment over again, this time with the tube shield on, but now the color seems to work.

While I had the set apart, I replaced the horiz. AFC two-part diode, and that completely fixed the problem this set was having with the picture bending at the top. Then I figured I would also replace that selenium rectifier on the convergence board, and touch up the convergence.

Well now the convergence is good, the color is back, the horiz problems are fixed, but when the color went out a new problem also started, with sort of 'duplicate' images to the right (see the picture below - it's off of a dvd player, not the antenna), and it's the same on both a color and a b/w picture.

Last edited by Adam; 09-13-2009 at 10:35 AM.