Thread: Score !!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Score !!

I DON'T really know WHERE this should go, but since its a Receiver, I guess here will do...About a week-10 days ago, somebody started a thread Over Yonder, the upshot of it was-"Ain't this Thing COOL ?!?" The "Thing" in question was a Specific Products Model WWVC Receiver, an undeniably cool, but patently USELESS piece of kit. It consists of a receiver that ONLY picks up WWV, can do it w/either voice or "Ticks", & has a "Too school for cool" 2" oscilloscope built in... It has 15-16 Tooobs, & is finished up to match an R-390A. I HAD to have it-It was listed on Craig's List, I tried e-mailing the guy, but my 'Pooter doesn't support Outlook, which Craig's List uses.. Stymied...Until a California member, "Chicks" offered to get it for me..Long story shorter, we did the deal, & I became the Proud Daddy of it today... It's frightfully dirty, being I'd guess 50 yrs old +/-, but it WORKS, although it will be making a trip to Dr. Dewick's Tired Old Electronics Clinic for a lube/valve/cap job, anyhow...I only gave $75 for it, I've seen a couple of 'em go for $2-300 on Evilbay. Anyhow, I'm happier than the proverbial Pig-In-Shoo-Shoo, it's impressive/Mad Scientist looking, has LOTSA Toobs, & looks to be built like a Tank, as commercial/military gear always is. No, it AIN'T a CT-100, but for a Boatanchor phreak like me, it'll do NICELY, thank you...(grin)