View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 09:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly0410 View Post
Been on hols in Florida last two weeks number plate (tag) spotting. I'm fascinated with the different coloured plates you have in America: The local Florida plates were mostly green letters/figures on on a white background, although there were a few other colours. there were a lot of out of state & Canadian plates of every colour of the rainbow & just about every letter/figure combination you could think of, my wife & I would be walking along & say "oh look, a Michigan/New York/Ontario/Georgia etc plate!" Think the locals thought we were mad, lol..

Here in England our plates are boring by comparison: all the same colour = black letters/numbers on white background at the front, & yellow background at the back. Vehicles registered over 40 years ago can have optional white or silver letters/numbers on a black background both front & back..

You see a few Irish Republic & European vehicles on English roads, their plates are mostly black on white or yellow, Belgian plates are red on white..
I think you're the one that got me hooked on the website, "UK vintage radio repair and restoration." A really excellent website! A lot of really sharp technicians contribute information there.
BTW, are you the one that has the RCA CTC16E color set with the PAL conversion?
Dave, USradcoll1 on that site.