View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Followin' the Rules...

It's the area of Florida - I was visiting Orlando/WDW in 2002 and wanted to stop by the Woodcraft store in Casselberry. I was in a rental Malibu equipped with Onstar, and I had both my XM radio and "travel" CB antennas magnetically stuck to the roof of the car. I was in line at the register in Woodcraft, and looked out at my car - and saw a cop writing down the tag number. I dropped what I had, left the store and approached the cop. He wanted to know what I had for radios in the car. I went down the list - XM personal portable, a GE CB, and the in-dash radio. He had me open the trunk and hood looking for other radios - and gave me the rationale - it seems the drug trade down there like the I-4 corridor, and I fit the profile - late model 4-door with antennas. I had to power up all of the radios for him, and he gave me a polite "thanks" before leaving me - with hood, trunk and 2 doors open. He never asked for ID, where I was from, or even looked me square in the eye,

So much happens that we are not aware of, so I guess caution got the best of him.. Your cop sounded like a jerk...
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!