View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 06:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hickok 655 working sorta.

I got the beast operating sorta. All the pots are flakey and intermittent after almost 40yrs of open garage storage. Couldn't get contact cleaner into all of them so had to settle for a few rotation sweet spots. I was surprised there was no vertical sync pulses in the video waveform but TVs don't need vertical sync when displaying color bars. The three mode waveform select switches are somewhat confusing. The one three position rotary selects between: COLOR BAR PATTERN, Q-I, and B-Y R-Y. One two position toggle selects between: Q OR B-Y ON and OFF. The other toggle selects between: I OR B-Y ON and OFF. Every body knows the CT100 uses I, Q demod axis and the 21CT55 uses R-Y, Q demod axis. Both of these wide band CTC2 chassis require bar generators that produce a Q axis bar and an I axis bar for the 100CT while the 21CT55 requires a R-Y axis bar! Both RCA and SAMS 21CT55 matrix alignment procedures require a bar generator that produces a R-Y signal in addition to the Q signal. The RCA WR-61A provides all major angles including: I, Q, R-Y, B-Y, G-Y. Hopefully Hickok 655 XC will also? First pic is Sony 26in, second pic is 21CT55 over scanned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020589.jpg (88.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1030592.jpg (85.9 KB, 11 views)