View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 02:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thank You guys for not seeing my previous post as "dragging garbage in the room" , I myself was worried that it would look bad so I changed it . But , since we all don't mind discussing it , heck yea I think overinflated Ebay listings do a terrible disservice to the hobby since most folks never look at completed sales when deciding on the price of something . Guys like Eric have half the world thinking their common as dirt AA5 sets are their ticket to Ebay gold , and it's these entry level sets that new folks in the hobby need to practice on . Now for sure anyone who regularly checks Ebay and all the other sites knows what the average set is worth but for every one of us I'll bet there are a hundred folks who've found an old radio in their basement/attic and thanks to Eric they think it's worth a fortune . At the end of the day I guess Jim is right about "buyer beware" it's just sad to see a hobby such as ours infiltrated by as Jim so aptly described "used car salesmen" types . Oh , one other thought here , Tubejunke is spot on about dishonest sellers shipping pre damaged goods specifically to get the shipper to eat the loss ! I know of a few instances myself of damaged goods showing up in perfect boxes , pre broken ....
Audiokarma