View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 02:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hey Init4fun! Thanks for the good words. I got to read what you first posted as VKs email alert for replies captures the next post (I thought only part of it) to any thread you participate in so you can check it out without necessarily logging in.

What you said brought all of what I have been seeing as a pretty new buyer on Ebay into complete perspective. Out of respect for you I will not elaborate on specifically what you said, but I will tell you that I have seen and/or suspected what you mentioned time and again. I am really ignorant to all of the tricks of the trade of auctions short of stories I have heard about local automobile auctions.

Ebay by nature of the business model offers virtually unlimited angles for scammers. I'm afraid that it isn't just the general public that is victimized. I think USPS shipping insurance may be getting hit hard.

Tell me how else I get a wooden radio in an undamaged, un-crushed container that has it's whole face pushed in as if it took a good blow from a sledge. Then I get a total refund without question or complaint, or even the pictures I offered. I'm not complaining as I didn't get hurt. I got a good, working, shortwave 1930s chassis for free. I don't understand that at all. It would seem that USPS would require some sort of evidence. Anyone can drum up photos these days. Heck $20 bills for that matter! LOL!

OK folks, do YOU have any odd stories to tell about online auctions, purchases, sales trickery such as shill bidding ect.? I think this may be better off done as a totally new thread so I believe I will just start that in the next few days. Hold that thought.......