View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 01:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

I wondered after I posted last night if in this small world he would be known, or even be a member here. I imagine I would have to have the post deleted if a war got started as I did sort of jerk his chain.

I stand firm though on a dislike of trickery to make a buck, but unfortunately that's the world I live in and I guess if the guy found an angle based on other peoples ignorance then it's not his fault. P.T. Barnum was right in saying that there is a sucker born every day! LOL! I hope he doesn't do Best Offer deals now that I have found him. I love sending low ball offers on overpriced items also.

Just so everyone doesn't think that I am just some nasty person with nothing better to do I want to say that in all my years of collecting and sometimes selling vintage electronic equipment, I have always done it for the love of it and the preservation of the technology and knowledge of what makes it tick. It's never been about money although we all have to skim off some dead weight now and again. Sometimes I may need to make at least some of an investment back if possible. I try to be very fair in anything I price as if I were the buyer. This mindset is why I love this Website as I believe it to be populated by a lot of like minded folks. There are good folks who share the ideals I mentioned here.

I have had things given to me here and I have given some just to know something found a home and not a garbage dump, Some people here will mail you a tube or maybe even a whole radio for no reason other than they have it and you need it. That's my kind of people and thinking. To Hades with guys like this Ebay seller(s)!!!