View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

No worries, keep it coming. I just talk mostly about Metro Transit because that's what I know. Will edit this once I have had a chance to process the rest of what you spoke of.

Good to have those links to check out, I can get a better idea of what you speak of. That first photo though, I probably misunderstood what you said, but I don't see a side sign. Also, I had never heard the term "analogical display" until you mentioned it, what is that? All that information is quite the learning curve for me. Lots of trolleys, that's something that hasn't been used around here for a very long time unfortunately. The buses we have had since new, those with electronic signs had a second sign on the side as well, the exception being 1987 MCI Classic (MCI took over production of the Classic that year) #925. There were obvious indications that it had one at one time though. The 1981-82 GM T6H-5307N buses purchased from B.C. each had a hand-cranked rollsign box on the side, but no sign in them. These were numbered 510-515 in our fleet. I saw pictures of them before we got them. Back then they had 3-part rollsigns in front, two for the numbers and one for the route name as I recall. While we had them, they used one-part signs. 512 however, was later fitted with an electronic sign in the front. On another note, I recall a bell sounding in 510 when the rear doors would close. This was soon disabled.

Yes, it would be good to hear tell of a GM Classic, especially one with a Detroit Diesel 6V71 showing up where you are. As far as I know though, none of Metro Transit's buses these days get sold, just scrapped. I wonder if what is probably a 1983 or 1984 model I heard tell of is still in use at the Fortress of Louisbourg...

Last edited by Jon A.; 07-19-2013 at 10:40 PM.