View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 03:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Saying Hi from NKY close to Cincinnati.

I am 46, and love CRTs. I own way more than I should now. (Upwards of 40) I got the fever about 3 yrs ago, in hindsight I wish I would've grabbed everyone I could have. Briefly about me:

My dad was a jack of all trades, good w/electronics. He had a briefcase tube-tester and I remember more than once he fixed our TV. Sadly, that briefcase is in a landfill now, almost certainly.

I am a gamer for life as well. The new stuff I use an HD-CRT and wouldn't trade the picture/zero lag. Random Trinitrons/JVCs for the 8/16 bit stuff.

We were a modest family and Sony's were out of the budget. Zenith never let us down. Fond memories of sneaking to play Colecovision on the 25", forbidden to by my dad for fear of screen burn. (I recently passed on a 1982 25" wood Zenith donated by an elderly lady to a church donation sale. $25 w/all papers, looked 4.5/5 stars. So bummed, timing was off for me to get it.)

So, I will post some pics of what I consider good stuff. I also have some questions on an LXI/Sears/Sanyo? I recently acquired. I can't find a schematic anywhere, barely any info. Appears to have been a premium TV in 1986.

Sorry for the long-winded intro, I'm just enthusiastic about the art.
Thanks for having me, this site looks like no-nonsense folks not absorbed by social media. Thumbs up!