View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 12:04 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
Too bad they did not have Barnaby Jones ,Frank Cannon ,Quincy and Mannix to it.All great crime drama shows when TV was great.

Television programming in the 21st century has gone downhill, in a big way; however, that's why retro TV subchannels like MeTV, Antenna TV, etc. exist today, and why the programs you mention are now available on DVD. I watched all these shows and liked them (still do) when they were new, and I have DVD sets of many of them. In fact, the retro TV channels and my DVDs/VHS video tapes are about all I watch these days. (Channel 3 in Cleveland just recently picked up COZI TV on channel 3.3 from channel 5.2 after the latter's contract with the network expired, and the other two retro channels, on channels 8.2 and 19.2 respectively, have been available OTA in this area for some time.) The only network programs I watch, as a rule, are news broadcasts such as NBC Nightly News and (very rarely) Dateline NBC.

BTW, the roundie RCA TV shown in the PDF attached to VK member TUD1's post bears a very strong resemblance to a 1964 Sears Silvertone roundie I owned in the early '70s. The only differences are the branding and the light-through (my term for illuminated channel knobs) channel selector; other than that and certain differences in the front panel layout, not to mention the set in question being a console (my Silvertone was a table model in a steel cabinet), these sets would have been identical.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 10-17-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Audiokarma