View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 02:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

We can't wait until it comes, weather permitting (we just had a bunch of snow) they hope to deliver it in a week or 2, we're about 2 hours away from the sellers.

Does this model look familiar to anyone?
I think I got lucky, (I hope) since we know virtually zero about old TVs! I'm so excited to fix it up and use it as intended!

Thanks to all for the welcome, and Tom C and Mr. Zeno for your tips, as soon as we get it home we'll try those out!

The only thing I'm not super thrilled about is the cabinet design, which is kind of modern and in a dark wood. We feel lucky to have found this so we didn't hesitate for a second, as we've been looking but there's never been one anywhere nearby, but all of my furniture is a lighter maple-wood, Early American Colonial style, and I would love to be able to put these "guts" into a cabinet that would be a better match since it'll be put in our Living Room and used as our regular set, along with our old tube stereo and other 1950s & 60s vintage Early American maple furniture. Is there anyone with a similar Zenith set but in a maple wood style out there?

Last edited by SueAnders; 01-13-2018 at 02:51 PM.