View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 05:15 PM
Level 1

KMOX from St Louis. The Rockies were playing the Cardinals, and I wanted to see if I could listen to the cardinals radio broadcast. Sure enough I was able to pull it in.

KNX from Los Angeles. I remember they did a traffic update which I thought was pretty funny: "The 405 is a mess, and stay off 101 at all costs." That was it. Being an LA traffic reporter must be one of the most depressing jobs in America.

Receiving these stations is probably not that surprising since their both clear channel stations. But both stations were heard with a crappy 2002 "Lennox Sound" am/fm/cd/cassette boom box with just whatever internal antenna it has.

Now here's one hopefully someone can explain... As a kid, I had a pair of cheap 22-channel walkietalkies my grandparents gave me for my birthday. One day when I was around 7 years old, I got the grand idea of turning on my radio (same one as mentioned above) and leaving one walkietalkie next to it with the talk button held down using a rubber band so I would hearing the radio through my other walkietalkie. I took the second walkietalkie outside and accidentally dropped it on the lawn. When I picked it up, it was on the wrong channel. Must have hit the button when it fell. So I went back to the correct channel and much to my surprise, i heard the opening theme to one of the cartoons I watched back then. I went inside and turned on the tv, and sure enough, that show was on and the walkietalkie was in sync with it. It was on a pbs station I think. So I went upstairs and the radio and other walkietalkie were working just fine. I've never been able to figure out why that walkietalkie played audio from a tv channel for a few seconds, and it never happened again. Analog tv was definitely on the air at this time, walkietalkie must have glitched and picked up the broadcast for a few seconds.
Audiokarma