View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 03:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4rca View Post
If its like their waveform monitors used in TV broadcast with the switching power supply, I'd say you've got some bad caps on the secondary side of the switching supply transformer.
With it being said that they sat for a long time in a garage and the initial symptom description; my money would go on this quote. I seriously doubt that some setting is causing all of them to do the same thing. Especially since they are a tool that is generally used by people with some sort of formal training in the field of electronics. Certainly, training or no; the best of us make unmentionable mistakes at times. I guess it is possible that perhaps a group of soldiers in Advanced Individual Training set them up in some strange way and the instructor couldn't figure out what they did, so they scrapped them and bought all new ones. LOL! Hey, this IS a government scenario, but again; it screams power supply.

If ya just desire to learn and/or the challenge, then make one or two good ones out of the lot and put the rest to the home of solid state fix me not. The dumpster....