View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 03:31 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
Yes indeed .It changed for the worse.The tele dont go on here like it used too these days.I got rid of the extended basic cable years ago. I'm glad to see The Price Is right is still going on CBS.Its like AM radio went to news talk back in the 70's and 80's so no more AM gold.Whats left of the viewers are dumped down to the current crap on the air like no brainer reality crap shows,BS talk shows.Proctor and Gamble has to give up their soaps to this current rubbish which is on now.I have no idea how the local stations keep up with the FCC's rules with Childrens E/I programming these days.I never see them air kids shows anymore.Late night is not funny anymore since all the good late night hosts retired.Jimmy Fallon is great but the rest are not as funny.I rather see a late night movie or a drama show like CBS on CBS late Saturday night.
Another thing is today is the networks and locals got carried away with their news programming taking over the schedule like 4 am to 10 am and 4pm to 7pm.
Thank God for the internet and Youtube.I can watch my favorites all day for free.
I know, I remember when Saturday Morning cartoons were king when you were a kid. I remember Beaver Cleaver said, "Saturdays are the only good day to be a kid." Well, that has gone down the commode too. I keep thiking back, even when I was in high school, getting up on a cold, winter Saturday morning and sitting on the couch with a robe on and a cat on my lap watching "The Smurfs" as Mom made breakfast. Well the cartoons are gone now and so is Mom but I treasure those memories.

If you want oodles of cartoons and anime (I'm into anime too). try www.kisscartoon.com