Thread: 73 Plural
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 08:20 PM
VideoKarma Member

73 Plural

Ok, so tonight I was verbally attacked on 6m for signing off with 73's (with the added s). It's been a habit after seeing so many people sign off with it that way, and no one says anything to them. But when I did, one person laid it into me pretty deep, to the point I felt like not even bothering with my general license. I mean, I got off CB to get away from jerks for a reason, but now the ham band has people scrutinizing what I do or say. Instead of politely teaching me something, it goes to a verbal attack.

I ended up signing off and turning off the radio, because it's not professional to continue.

But I ask you guys, is saying 73 as "73's" on the air, really such a bad thing? I hear so many other's saying that, whom are twice my age, if not more, who say it that way all the time, and no one says anything, yet I, being 29, got attacked for saying the same thing everyone else did.

EDIT: Before anyone says it, trust me, I know 73 being plural is wrong now. I get that, but the question is, did it really bother you so much to attack someone? That's all.

Last edited by lnx64; 09-10-2016 at 08:30 PM.