View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 11:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIPS View Post
I'm weird. I mean, I'm sure in the future I'm going to get fed up with it and switch to LED T12 tubes...but for now why not go with something interesting?

My bedroom is a bit of a weird place.
The whole ceiling is covered in egg carton foam. Currently there is one bare bulb hanging from the ceiling and that's all I get from the lightswitch.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...m/CGS_7721.jpg

Running across the room is two recessed fluorescent tubes that were never wired in. The idea is that why not replace one dim bulb with two fluorescent tubes that flicker like mad every time I turn the light on?

The other thing is there's two old Powerlite utility pole fluorescent lamps I was thinking of getting roughed in up where I park my car in the winter so when I leave and get home at night I'm not fumbling through the snow and when they turned on at dusk the gave off a little show as they turned on. Folks from the Greater Toronto Area might remember these lights if you got some grey hair on your head.
I'm willing to bet that the black foam crumbles when it's bumped.
Are those fluorescent strip lites complete fixtures? Did you look at them?
They might be preheat type. Back then, the single tube striplites were generally preheat type.
Those early Canadian wiring fittings look strange! The elbow looks like a plumbing fitting and the box and rosette look really old.