View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 10:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
I'm still running a few 1990's Panasonic's and Sharp's here.Second hand from the fleamarket years ago .I think the previous owners never used them since they were not beat up when I got them.I think I payed not more then $10 bucks each of 5 of them at different times that I went to the fleamarket. I wish my 1985 Panasonic PV9600 would last as these are going. I had issues with it since 6 months after owning it new.The 1990's JVC SVHS did not last,The same with my 2 1990's Mitsubishi's one SVHS and one regular and a 1987 NEC which was a basket case of problems since day one.. I have a few 1990's Sony's here which they have their own issues I had to work out of them time after time.The moral of the story here is all the $10 dollar specials are outlasting all of my bought brand new VCRs.What a shame and waste of money at the time.
I bought a like new Panasonic-built GE VCR for $3.00 a while back. A mono unit that still unthreads the tape when the stop button is pressed and also rewinds and fast forwards without the tape threaded, which is a good thing.