View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 11:43 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

My first thought is that this is not Zenith - I don't believe they ever had any chassis like the round tube ones, and their early rectangular tube would have been used in a large floor model cabinet that contained a girder-system mechanical chassis for easy modification they used for their experimental 15GP22 inch sets, I think. The one in back seems to be a monitor rather than a developmental chassis - very interesting, but hard to say for sure. The indian headress boy slide was one we had at Zenith, but right now I can't recall what the source of the slide was. It is not one of the original Kodak NTSC test series. I don't recogniz the flower slide. An amazing thing about this picture is that it appears to be of real TV pictures, not mechanical cut and paste. Note that you can see a shadow of the bezel on the flower picture, and both pictures have the proper perspective distortion for the angle of the sets. This has to be a carefully lighted and exposed shot by a photographer who was used to making such pictures for publicity and advertising.

This is the kind of picture that could have been shot originally for inclusion in an annual report of a company.

Please tell us the name of the journal and post copies of the whole article if you can.

Last edited by old_tv_nut; 08-13-2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: fixed typos