View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Bob Galanter

We were lucky Eric! It was under vacuum but the break didnt leave enough air in fast enough to cause any damage to the phosphor plate. And then there is also the issue the there is the shadow mask in front of the phosphor plate protecting it to some extent. All in all we lucked out on that score. So that tube will have another chance to live again some day.

Now on to rebuilding guns, because the company that did rebuild 2 guns for John Folsom, is no longer able to help us on that score. So I am going to embark on that part of the project myself. I have some good ideas and some resources at my disposal that sould make the job quite possible. It will just take some time to gear up to a level of proificency that is consistently successful.

We also used Vacseal on the glass to metal ring seals. The Vacseal held up well in the oven during the evacuation cycle, and we feal that it may possibly work to seal the leaking crt's that have gone to air. We will not know for sure until we actually try it on a leaker tube. Mine may be the first candidate for that experiment as mine is a leaker.

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com