Thread: Radio Jay Allen
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 01:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

I hope not. They usually say so, if so. However, that small 'b' troubles me, probly means 'broken.' LOL. I thought it meant 'black' when I ordered, but could be b-stock? The reviews have me uneasy about it, too.

I'm not familiar with radio models, just learning, and I have read about the E-1s and E-5s and just about every other radio under the sun, it seems, and apparently did confuse the sizes.

I think autocorrect put that e on Satellit. Maybe I did out of habit, but I do know better.

As regards Amazon's price on the Satellit: I notice Universal Radio offers it for $200, but that includes a 'free' Eton Mini, which brings the two prices a bit more in line, $124 currently vs about $155, after deduction of Mini list price. Makes somewhat more sense when all factors are included.

I've been perusing a Pdf of the eton Sat manual available without downloading at the eton site. The buttons do multiple chores depending upon mode, not unusual obviously, but eton really takes this pretty far. I can understand some of the Amazon user reviews complaining of complexity, or about features they couldn't implement properly. For a newbie like me, not as familiar with relationships of all the features with which bands in which situations, the learning curve may be a bit steep. Some people have no patience for the amount of detail involved. Remarks such as "too complex" were not unusual among Amazon users which include, I'm sure, a wider type of buyers than Universal Radio attracts - or, that is, a larger % of non-enthusiasts. Still, multiple c/o "wobbly controls" and such comments do give one pause.

Last edited by musichal; 10-02-2016 at 06:29 PM.