View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 12:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstout66 View Post
Go figure... I have one, but mine has a piece busted out in the lower corner. An OLD neighbor lady gave it to me in the 80's. And go figure... it still works well on original caps.
Mine as well is completely unrestored and works. The volume level is a little low, but that's about the only complaint or need to repair that I can see. I just never liked the overdone decorative action over the speaker. There is a similar model without that which looks much better to me. The whole topic of unrestored survivors is one that has been discussed at least once by me and probably many more times by others.

I love my unrestored sets, as it is all but electronically impossible for them to exist with any measure of reliability. I have many that I wouldn’t hesitate to allow to play all day as is. I don’t want to go further as it drifts off topic.
Maybe I should put something on my RCA in the classifieds here as I am always trying to recreate room at my place. The value of the tube compliment is about all I would want for the thing. Being a 6-tube job is about the only thing I see that makes it even remotely special.