View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post

One thing I should mention--I read, or heard, SOMEWHERE, that SOMEONE mentioned that soon, someone was trying to propose some kind of "law" that would make it ILLEGAL for us to "collect our treasures(old tv sets and such), saying that they were "hazardous waste" and to FORCE us to turn them over for crushing and "safe disposal". .

I, for one would NOT let go of ANY of my stuff in that situation, without a FIGHT!! If necessary--with lead.
Food for thought at the polls: While I do have friends who are avid Democrats, I have to warn, that NO law like that would ever come from a Republican. It would come from the likes of Gore or Pelosi. If such a do-gooder, "protect-us-from-ourselves" law comes up, just keep quiet about what you have. I am particularly angry about this subject this morning because yesterday I got a ticket (warning of criminal penalties if repeated), because I threw an old Sparkletts dispenser in the trash. While it had no compressor or freon in it anymore, the trash police saw that it "appeared to be an intact refrigeration device". What a mess we have brewed for ourselves.

Charles